Thursday, November 15, 2012

10 Days til Thanksgiving- Day 3

Today has been an unexpectedly busy day but we were able to squeeze in a couple of crafts.  The first craft we chose was Coffee Filter Tie-Dye Turkeys. This was a fun craft.  My boys loved seeing all the colors blend together when we added water.
 
Start with a coffee filter and add some color.  We just used some markers we had around the house.

 Once you have colored the coffee filter, fold it in half three times like you would when making a snowflake.
 Stick the tip of the filter under some water.  The filter absorbs the water then just run your fingers up it to help spread the water.
 Lay the wet filters out to dry.
 Once they are dry you can add the turkey body, beak and wattle.  I just cut the parts out and my boys glued them on.  We love how these turned out.
 I had purchased a few foam crafts from Michael's Craft Store so I let the boys put together a couple of owls why the coffee filters dried.  These are fun, easy and my boys can do them by themselves.  That is a win-win in my book.
We will be back tomorrow with Day 4 of our Thanksgiving countdown.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Glad the turkeys worked for you! They are adorable! :) Kristen @ busykidshappymom.org