Wednesday, November 14, 2012

10 Days til Thanksgiving- Day 2

I woke up this morning not feeling well so we didn't do all the crafts I had planned but we were still able to get through a couple of them.  I started out by giving them a coloring worksheet to keep them busy while I cut out the pieces for the second craft.
 When the boys were done with their coloring pages we cut them out and glued them to construction paper.  This was a great craft for my 6 year old who is off track from school.  It let him practice his coloring and reading the instructions so he knew where to color.  He really enjoyed it and worked hard to make sure everything was colored correctly.
 Our second craft was a Turkey Snowflake found here.
I cut out the circles for the snowflakes, beaks, wattles and feet.
 Start by folding the circle in half three times.  It should look like this.
 Cut out shapes just like you would when making snowflakes.
 Then you glue on the eyes, beak, wattle and feet.
 My boys loved making this turkey.  I had to help my 3 year old cut out the shapes but my 6 year old was able to do the whole project himself.
 For snack we made fall trail mix.  I just added pretzels, raisins, nuts, chocolate chips and some Halloween candy to a baggie.  The kids love to mix up the goodies in their own bags.
You can also add other dried fruits, marshmallows and other types of chips to change it up.
We will be back tomorrow with Day 3 of our Thanksgiving countdown.

No comments: