Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Crafting with your Kids: Kite

One of my 2 year olds favorite things to do is run around dragging things behind him.  When my friend told me about this craft I knew I had to try it right away.  It was easy for my son to do and kept him entertained for quite some time.
 You will need:
paper lunch sacks
crayons or markers
tape
hole punch
string or ribbon

 Start by letting your child decorate the bag any way they want.
 Once the bag is decorated, open it up and put tape on the top folds.  This will help to keep the holes from ripping as they "fly" it.
 With the hole punch, make a hole through each piece of tape.

 Cut a long piece of string and thread it threw the two holes.  Tie the ends together with a double knot.
Let you kid run around and fly their new kite.  Enjoy!!

No comments: